Thank you for your interest in St. Albert the Great Parish School! St. Albert welcomes all prospective students and their families to explore the academic, developmental and spiritual opportunities present in our community.
Admission to Our School
An admission committee, that includes, but is not restricted to, the Pastor, Principal, Assistant Principal, School Board Chairperson and Parish Manager, will determine placement in the school.
Archdiocesean Non-Discrimination Policy
The schools of the Archdiocese of Louisville will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, disability, color, nationality or ethnic origin in the administration of their educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic or other school administered programs. Single sex schools may continue to accept only students of one sex in accordance with federal law.
Order of Priority for Admission to Our School
Students who apply on time will be accepted according to the following policy:
- Children attending St. Albert who are advancing in grade level.
- Children attending St. Albert who may need to repeat a grade.
- Children of Parish Families* who already have / have had, siblings at St. Albert the Great School.
- First time enrollees who are of Parish Families*.
- Children of faculty and staff.
- Children of non-Parish Families who are registered Catholics in another parish.
- Children of non-Parish Families who are not Catholic.
*Parish families are defined as those families who are practicing Catholics at St. Albert the Great Catholic Community and continually contribute time, talent and treasure in support of the ongoing formation of the community of St. Albert the Great. Stewardship cards need to be renewed annually. School administrators will have final decision authority to determine readiness for a specific grade. Kindergarten and new first grade applicants will be required to take a readiness test prior to final acceptance. All other new students (2-8) will be accepted after records are received and interviews completed. (Archdiocese of Louisville 6372)