Rediker is the student management system used by St. Albert the Great Parish School. It is where we keep all of our student data, including attendance information and grades. Rediker is intended to be a “one-stop-shop” for all academic information that parents need for school.
Note that sometimes you may hear Rediker referred to as “PlusPortals,” “Parent PlusPortals,” “Parent Portals,” or even just “Portals.” All of these names refer to the same thing: Rediker.
1. Parent Access to Rediker
As a parent, your main point of access is through the Rediker web site: http://www.plusportals.com/stalbert.
Login to Rediker with your full email address that is on file at St. Albert. If you wish you change your login email address with Rediker, use the FreshDesk system to submit a trouble ticket (see below for details about FreshDesk).
If parents need help with navigating Rediker, there are great interactive training guides that can be found at this link: http://www.rediker.com/support/parent-plus-help.
NOTE: The Rediker system is setup for parents and their students to have unique logins (see below for student login information). Logins and passwords are not intended to be shared. Specifically: parents should not share their login with students, and vice versa.
2. St. Albert Google accounts for students
This year, each student at St. Albert the Great Parish School has been issued a St. Albert Google account. This account has a limited-use email address associated with it, meaning that it can only be used to exchange emails with other St. Albert students, faculty, and staff — it cannot be used for general internet email.
Students login to their St. Albert Google account by visiting gmail.com on any internet-connected device and logging in with their email address and password.
- Student email addresses are of the form:
Note the full/complete first name, the “.” between the first and last names, and the XX, which is the last two digits of the student’s 8th grade graduation year.
For example, if Luke Skywalker is in the 6th grade (i.e., the class of 2018), Luke’s email address is email@example.com. Han Solo is in 2nd grade (i.e., class of 2022); his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each student has been assigned an initial password that is their Rediker ID from last year. Specifically, it is “300” followed by the student’s five-digit lunch ID. For example, “30012345.”The first time each student logs in, he/she will be required to change their password.
- Ensure to use the full “@stalbert.org” suffix in the email address.
- Ensure to use the student’s full first name that is on file with the school. For example, use “william,” not “bill,”, and “margaret,” not “maggie.”
- Double check that the student’s lunch ID is correct.
If your student still has problems logging in with their St. Albert Google account, submit a ticket on FreshDesk (see below for details about FreshDesk).
3. Student access to Rediker
Once students login to their Gmail accounts, they will see an email from Rediker. This email contains a one-time link (unique for each student) that students can use to set their Rediker password.
After using this link, students can login to Rediker with their St. Albert Google email address (e.g., email@example.com) and the password that they just set.
Students use the same web site to access Rediker as parents: http://www.plusportals.com/stalbert
FreshDesk is St. Albert’s new technical help web site: http://stalbert.freshdesk.com. If you have any questions or problems with St. Albert technology systems, FreshDesk should be your first destination.
St. Albert’s FreshDesk site contains two main areas:
- A knowledge base, containing answers to frequently-asked-questions about St. Albert technology systems, solutions to common problems, etc. There are only a few items in the knowledge base so far; we will continue filling out this content over the coming weeks and months.
- A ticket system for you to submit questions and get help with St. Albert technology systems.
Note that you can submit a ticket through FreshDesk with any valid email address. If you wish to track the status your tickets, you can login to FreshDesk with a Google account via the “login” link in the upper right corner. Any Google account can be used to login — including regular Gmail accounts and St. Albert student Google accounts.
If you have a non-Google email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), you can register your email address with Google at https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail. After registering your email address with Google, you can use it to login to FreshDesk.
2015-2016 Class Graduation Years
- 8th Grade — Class of 2016
- 7th Grade — Class of 2017
- 6th Grade — Class of 2018
- 5th Grade — Class of 2019
- 4th Grade — Class of 2020
- 3rd Grade — Class of 2021
- 2nd Grade — Class of 2022
- 1st Grade — Class of 2023
- Kindergarten — Class of 2024
- Preschool 4’s — Class of 2025
- Preschool 3’s — Class of 2026